Reduce Your Risk of Dementia in Mauston, WI & Westby, WI
Take Preventative Steps To Keep Your Mind Sharp
Did you know that individuals with hearing loss are at an increased risk for developing cognitive decline and dementia? It’s true. New research finds treating hearing loss is the single most modifiable way to reduce the risk of dementia in Mauston, WI and Westby, WI. While your risk increases with the degree of hearing loss, it is important to note that even mild hearing loss can increase your risk by as much as 200%! If you or a loved one struggles to hear clearly, Professional Hearing Care can help.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is it difficult to hear a conversation when there is background noise such as when you’re in a restaurant?
- Are others asking you to turn down the TV or radio frequently?
- Do you have trouble following a conversation in the car?
- Do you find yourself guessing at words often, sometimes incorrectly?
- Are you uncomfortable in social situations because you are worried about hearing?
- Do you ask others to repeat themselves often, more loudly or slowly?
- Are most of the sounds you hear muffled and difficult to make out?
- Are you cheating by reading lips or relying on situational context?
- Have multiple family members or friends approached you about your hearing?
If you answered yes to most of these questions, you’re not alone! Whether you suffer from slight or significant hearing loss, your cognitive abilities are likely to be adversely affected.
Fortunately, there is hope! According to recent evidence from Columbia University, today’s leading treatment options for restoring hearing can help to slow down or prevent the development of memory loss and dementia. Our full-service hearing clinics work to combat memory loss and dementia by staying at the forefront of modern hearing technology. At Professional Hearing Care, we are here to help you keep your mind sharp!
Contact Us to Reduce Your Risk of Dementia in Mauston, WI & Westby, WI Today
To get started on improving your hearing, schedule your Complimentary New Patient Assessment by calling 608-847-2444 or by clicking here. Your appointment includes an explanation of our process, screening based on your needs, a review of your results, and a FREE copy of Dr. Darrow’s Book, “Stop Living In Isolation.”
Our team will take the time to answer all your questions about our hearing rehabilitation treatments, our offices, our affordable financing, and anything else that you would like to know about us!
As one of the premier audiology practices in Mauston & Westby, WI, our audiologists and team at Professional Hearing Care also provide 5-star hearing care to patients from Viroqua, Tomah, Sparta, New Lisbon, Richland Center & Baraboo, WI, and the surrounding areas.